This is a blog intended to keep family and friends posted about my progress as I undergo a stem cell transplant to fight my relapse of Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Things are looking up!!

So, yesterday was pretty much a craptastic day. I'll spare you the details, but will say that I've managed to lose about 5-7 pounds since I first started chemo on Tuesday. The good news is that my stomach is actually rumbling, so I guess I better eat something soon! Too bad everything still has a lovely metallic filmy taste to it!!! Even my headache has died down to a dull roar, so everything is getting better.

I've had my first Neulasta shot (growth hormone to keep my white blood cell count from plummeting), which caused some aches and pains, but nothing like the Neupogen shots used to do to me. I have bloodwork every Monday morning to keep everything monitored closely, then the plan is for me to return to Omaha for round 2 of ICE on August 21st.

I know I've gotten emails from some of you telling me that you are having problems posting on the blog. Maybe try using the "anonymous" option. You can still email me (preferably at chemocranky@gmail.com) but I just don't have the energy to respond to everyone's emails individually. I am really sorry about that, but I'm just not sure how I'd be able to even remember who I've written to, so keeping it simple by only posting here is my best option. I hope that doesn't offend anyone, and I really do love getting email--I just don't want to take the chance of inadvertantly leaving anyone out.

Love to all, and know that I'm doing pretty well so far!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

cnhoethi skye its just me , your dad,i am not very good at all this touchy feely stuff so ill be short and i wont even draw you a picture. i just want you to know how proud it makes me to see the way you are dealing with all this stuff.mom and i tried to raise all our girls to be strong independant woman. you all have proved we must have succeeded.if i could take this on myself and save you the pain and agrevation i would in a second but that is wishfull thinking on my part.just know i am proud to say you are my kid and also i love you very much. love you.dad

laulausmamma said...

Hi Skye - I hope you'll have a good couple of weeks while you are recharging for round #2. It was terrific of Scott to post an update on the forum...we were all so glad to hear some news.

Take good care of yourself. You are often in my thoughts...big ((HUGS)))

Susan (laulausmamma)

Anonymous said...

Skye. Glad to see you are feeling a little better. I went into work today to let everyone know how you are doing, and let them know I will be back at work tomorrow. the plan is I will come back down on the 19 so I can stay with the boys for your next time and will stay for as long as you need me. they told me at work to take as much time as I needed. so I'll be there until you are on your feet again or you kick me out. If you need me before the 19 let me know so I can get the time off. right now I'll be working every day until the 18. I Love you take care and give the boys a kiss for me Mom

Anonymous said...

Skye
Good luck with the SS people because you know how us government employees are. If we can make it hard we will. Hang in there be tough and put some of that johnson fight to work. I'll always cherish that "relay for life" walk. Hugs and Kisses

Uncle Karle

Anonymous said...

Skye,
the cards are hanging at refridgerator agein! Hopefully getting "real mail" besides e-mail once in while will brighten your days a little.

Let me teach you some finnish. This may come handy, when you feel like swearing your butt off, but for some reason can't.
Go PASKA, PASKA, PASKA (sh.. in english). It sure is a ISO (Big) PASKA, that this happend to you.
Love Ya'
your aunt Leena

Anonymous said...

Hi Skye,
Take care of yourself and focus on beating this!! Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Love ya,
Amy T.

Anonymous said...

Hello its me your sister. I just wanted to let you know how truly proud I am to have you as my sister. You are a very strong willed person and are dealing with all this stuff so well. You give me the energy to deal with my own life. I look at what you have going on and how well you do and it makes my troubles all seem so trifle. Jessica called Friday and asked how you were doing. She requested me to email her counselor with any updates so I will be keeping her informed. We are all thinking of you and glad you are feeling okay so far. Love Carrie

Anonymous said...

Hi Skye-
You are in our thoughts often here at work. We are sending you all of our "positive" thoughts and wish you good luck in your fight!
Nicole

Anonymous said...

Hey sweets. I think of you and say a prayer for you many times thru the day. Last night, the kids and I were watching our video from prom, and graduation. Jerra giggled when she saw you on the screen the first time, with your blue dress with the BIG lace trim!!! And your hair! We were hotties then that is for sure!!! Love from your "sister" and your godson! Nik

Anonymous said...

Hey Skye! I just wanted to send you a note and let you know I am thinking of you and sending you many big hugs. You are such a strong person, you amaze me! Keep up the great work! All my love, Steff

Anonymous said...

Good post.