This is a blog intended to keep family and friends posted about my progress as I undergo a stem cell transplant to fight my relapse of Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Day +14

Well, I am still considered "out-patient" right now, which basically means I am being held "captive" in Omaha still, although I am out of the hospital. My boys and mom all came down to help me get out of the hospital on Monday (day +12), and they were able to spend the night down here before heading back home. We took the kids to a place called the "Pizza Machine", which is kind of like Chucky Cheese on steroids!!! It was such a blast, and even though it was probably risky health-wise for me to be in a crowded place, seeing my kids run and laugh and thoroughly enjoy themselves was the best therapy I could have asked for!! Saying goodbye to them was so hard, but I am hoping to be fully discharged on Friday, with any amount of luck! In other news, I decided to have my Hickman line removed today, since I don't need it anymore and I needed to do something to "pass the time" while still here! Why not inflict more pain on myself!!!!! The actual procedure took about 10 minutes, with absolutely no form of numbing or painkiller involved. A little freaky and a little painful, but it's over now. I am currently enjoying the effects of my Vicoden, and will self-medicate as necessary since I have nothing better to do over the next couple days!!!!

Hope you are all doing well!!! By the way Ladonna, just wanted to clear up a little misunderstanding!! That "Connie" isn't my mother-in-law!!!! She is a friend of my family! The "Connie" you are thinking of usually signs her name as "Mom Anderson". Didn't want to start any nasty rumors!!!!!!

Love, health, and best wishes to all!!!
Skye

12 comments:

LaDonna said...

Thank you for clearing up the "Connie" misunderstanding!!:)
Sooo glad you got to be out with the boys.I am sure they just loved it too. Just try to be careful with yourself and your newly infused sc's.
Sure hope to see you soon. Take care until then.
Oh, I saw some people from behavioral health today.We were at a management meeting. One was Rob, not sure who the other guy was, but he seemed to know you too. They were very glad to hear that you were dismissed. Rob really expressed high regard for how you have handled your whole"C" situation. Anyway they said to say hi.
LOve ya
LaDonna

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I was so glad to have been able to come to visit on Saturday. My hubby is so kind that he gave up a day to run me quick (4 hours) to see you and take me to lunch! I think he just wanted to eat your Cheese Its and you candy, and sprawl out on your bed, and watch Dirty Jobs with you.

I am so proud of you. I was thinking last night I was going to ask how you find the strength to keep fighting without having a pity party every now and then, or even having a temper tantrum. Then I thought of your boys and how in love with them you are, and I know now how you do it.
I thought of how 9 years ago, when you were living with us, you weren't even sure you wanted to have children. You weren't sure you wanted to bring them into such a world. But, those two babies have made the world better just for being in it and they are blessed beyond forever to have you for a momma. You are such a good mommy, and I am so happy you have those little guys.
Love you and I am praying you will get to go home this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

previous note was from me,
NIK

Veronica said...

Roll on Friday and full discharge...........you're amazing, Skye.......xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis!

Congrats on the super-quick release! As always, your strength and determination amazes us all. I am thrilled to hear that you spent some quality time with the kids, because I know how much it must have meant to you.

Anyway, we can't wait until you get home. Maybe when you are feeling up to it, we will all make the big drive down to see you. We will have many more free weekends with soccer being over.

As always, we are still thinking about you and praying for you all the time!

Love Ya BABE!!!
Crystal & family

laulausmamma said...

Sure sounds like you and the boys had a great time Skye. Got all my fingers and toes crossed that you'll be heading to "home sweet home" on Friday. Big (((HUGS)))

Susan

Anonymous said...

Skye,
Gosh, you just keep on going and make me feel like a sloth. I have not e-mailed, made your uncle send a card or any such thing...
Please, forgive me! Well, at least I can say you are ALLWAYS in my prayers.
Great, that you get to go home soon!
Love
Leena

Veronica said...

Hope your wish came true and you get to make the drive home to your family - enjoy your weekend.......xx

Anonymous said...

Skye-

I am hoping that you will be soon heading back home with your wonderful husband and boys! And of course to a decent bed with better pillows=)
You are truly an amazing woman and I am so proud of you!!
Love you!!
Angel

P.S. I may be heading back to SD in November and will see how things are going so that maybe we can catch up!

laulausmamma said...

Anxiously waiting to hear that you are reading this post from the comforts of your own Home Sweet Home Skye. Hope you are still feeling good and were able to make the drive on Friday. Big (((HUGS))) as always.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Hello there. Congratulations on the quick release. You have proven to be a fighter over and over again and I admire that. I bet you had lots of fun with the boys. I'm glad you got to spend time with them. As for Scott, Thanks for taking such good care of my sister. I know we would all love to be helping but unfortunately do not live within reach. You seem to be doing a great job for her and the boys and it is very much appreciated. Take care both and Happy Anniversary!! Love Carrie

Anonymous said...

Hey sis!
I know that you are home now, and I hope you are still feeling good. I just wanted to drop a line, and let you know that I am always thinking of you. Keep taking care of yourself, and be sure to get plenty of rest. Claire hopes that you liked her gift, we practiced it forever.
Take care!
LOVE YA BABE!!!
CRYSTAL