This is a blog intended to keep family and friends posted about my progress as I undergo a stem cell transplant to fight my relapse of Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

DONE, DONE, DONE!!!!!!!

I am officially done with treatment! It had definitely been a long haul, but I am finally done! Monday was my last day. My worst side effect is the dry, itchy skin and the lovely red glow from the lovely sunburn the radiation leaves behind. My throat is also pretty tight which makes it hard to swallow, but at least it's not painful. The radiation tech gave me the mask I was supposed to use, which has sufficiently creeped out anyone who has seen it! I had a major panic attack when they first tried using it, so we all decided I could be held in place by other means. A little bit of paper tape under my chin and taped to the table worked well enough, and didn't have the effect of making me feel like I couldn't breathe!

My dad is recovering still from his surgery, but has apparently been able to begin taking on small jobs as he feels up to it. His doctors are fairly confident he is cancer free now, so that is fantastic news! My grandfather is beginning his treatment (radiation) for his prostate cancer. I believe he has to undergo 40 treatments, which be an extremely long haul. GO grandpa!!!! You can do it! And get yourself healed up so we can visit in June/July.

Okay, gotta run for now so I can get Riley ready for school! I'll report more later.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis!

Congrats on finally being done. I bet it feels great to have the worst behind you. Keep working on letting your body and mind heal, and don't be afraid to ask for help from time to time. You are still entitled to endless pampering, so take advantage of it!

GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!Super Bowl XLII (42) here we come!!!!

Love Ya Babe!
Crystal

Veronica said...

Hi Skye - just popping by to say hi............glad things are starting to pick up for you. Take things easy for a while and remember all that you've been through.........no need to rush things, supermom!!

Take care of you and your 3 handsome young men............xx

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!! need i say more?
Congrats! now we will pray that all of your tests show you to be
CANCER FREE!
Connie

Anonymous said...

Yes!!!!

Good job sweetie! Love ya so much. Praying for good results on your upcoming appts.!

Nikki

Duane said...

Congrats! That's fabulous news! Say bye-bye to cancer!

BTW, go Giants on Sunday!!! :) LOL

laulausmamma said...

SOOO glads rads are done, done, done!!! for you Skye. Take you time building up your strength and endurance before tackling too much. Praying for good results on your scans in Feb.

Susan

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.