This is a blog intended to keep family and friends posted about my progress as I undergo a stem cell transplant to fight my relapse of Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Day -4

Well, today has me feeling a little more tired and queasy, and if I could sleep decently on this rock-hard bed and plastic pillows, I'd be feeling a lot better. But, luckily, my emotional state seems a bit more stable today. Yesterday I was feeling pretty blue--being away from my family is just so hard. But, I am doing better today--got a few phone calls and even a visitor!! Yay~!

Not much else to report. I ventured out and around the hospital today--decided I better enjoy the healing garden they have here before it's too cold or I feel too crappy to wander around. It was beautiful--nice breeze and mid-80's out in the sun. I sat in the shade and read the names of all the people who have struggled with their health who's loved one dedicated a brick to honor them. It was nice, and not as morbid as I would have thought--it sure seemed like many of the bricks were there as contributions to the hospital for helping their loved ones get back to good health. It was touching, although I still don't think I'd want to see my name on a brick anytime soon!!

Well, about another 1/2 hour of chemo, some sleep meds, and hopefully I will get a good night of sleep tonight. At the very least, I have the Packer's game to look forward to tomorrow!!! Sweet dreams everyone! Oh, and Nik, I didn't forget your birthday! I sent you an email, then realized afterward that I sent it to your work address! Sorry!!!! Love ya--now you're back to being almost as old as me!!!!

9 comments:

Veronica said...

Hi Skye - sorry the chemo is starting to give you a few side-effects - just keep thinking what it's doing to the stupid cancer! Hope the Packers do well today - do they know that you're relying on them to win??!! Wullie's just informed me that I've got 3 hours of football (soccer!) to endure this afternoon - can't wait! At least he doesn't sulk anymore when his team don't win!
Hope today's a better day - good for you getting out and about. I'm jealous of the mid-80s weather report, I don't think we got that even in the height of summer this year :o(................xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Skye, Hope you are feeling better today. The boys are going to go to church with Grandma Connie today. I hope you get to watch the packers today. I can just picture you with your hat and blanket and pillow case, sitting in your bed watching the game. wish I could be there with you. The boys had a good time with Bette and the kids. Well grandma will be here to get the boys soon so I better go. Keep smiling and enjoy the game. Love Mom

Kelly Kane said...

Skye!!! I'm glad you went and walked around a bit, it's good to keep moving, and seeing a pretty garden always helps! :) Hopefully the Packers win today so you will have an even better day!! XO!

laulausmamma said...

Good morning Skye....glad to hear you had someplace nice to walk to and sit and relax outside of your hospital room. Hope the Packers do well in their game today so you have something good to cheer about and keep your spirits high.
You could send your next visitor out to buy you a softer pillow...you've got to be comfortable.
Thinking of you lots and lots.

Susan

Wullie said...

Hi Skye,
Hope things are a bit brighter today than the last few. It can get tough in those four walls from time to time so it was pretty cool you got out into the garden today.
Hope your team does a bit better than mine did today. We got cuffed but I'm looking for my American chaps, the mighty Patriots, to put a smile back on my face and keep their unbeaten start to the season going.
Keep fighting!

Anonymous said...

Trying again. Thinkin of you lots.
Who are the packers?????:)

LaDonna

LaDonna said...

Hey, I think it worked. Lets try again!
Glad to hear the sideeffects won't kick in for a while. Delaying that is just fine, right?
Things have been progressing so well, maybe your inpatient time will go fast too.
Had to work at FRHS today, so didn't get to talk to the family.
Heres a hug 00000
Love ya
LaDonna

bette said...

Hi Skye- Rick, Jace and I are looking forward to taking the boys next saturday. We can't wait to have them for the day, we are hoping that it will be nice enough to make a trip to the park. Glad to hear you are up and about and getting some sunshine. Keep kicking that cancer and soon you will be home again. take care and see you soon. GO PACKERS !!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Skye

You are in my prayers. Saw the Kids and Byron and Nikki this weekend, went to the Clearlake High School football game with them, had a great time. Anyway Just wanted you to know I am thinking about you,,,Keep your spirits up.
Love Jeanette