This is a blog intended to keep family and friends posted about my progress as I undergo a stem cell transplant to fight my relapse of Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Day plus 3

Hey everyone this is Sky's hubby, just letting you know what has been going on in the fabulous world of hospital stay. Today Skie's immune system is now down to zero and the fun begins. She is starting to get a little more run down, her throat is getting a little more sore, and a little more tired. They say it will take about five to eight days before her system will start reproducing cells again. She will start getting her shots on the day five. We are hoping between day eight and day eleven she can be released as an out patient, if there are no complications. She is a little down because she wasn't able to get to see her boys on Thursday. Riley our oldest was told that he has walking nemonia, hope I spelled that right. As of Saturday he was feeling better and playing again. Both of the boys got to go up to the farm on Friday and help start the 2007 season of harvest, they were both so excited to get to help Grandma and Grandpa. I have to send my best helpers up to harvest beings I'm down helping Skie recover. The Grandparents are in good hands, or should I say thay they have there hands full. Well I should quit writing and get to work on getting Skie up and moving. I would also like to say Thank You to everyone who has wrote, called, e-mailed, and just kept her in your prayers. It has been a big help and and gives skie a big boost to know that she has all the support in the world from everyone. Thanks Again.

6 comments:

Veronica said...

Scott - thanks so much for posting an update - glad Skye's OK. Hope the throat doesn't get too much worse, remind her to take pain meds at any point she thinks she needs it - she's a toughie, but there's no need to suffer needlessly!

You both are doing brilliantly and I know how much Skye was looking forward to you being there this weekend........glad you're together!

Give Skye a HUGE hug from her Scottish fans - it's a slog, but she'll get ther.............xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott and Skie, Just thought I would check the blog. Glad to see you are helping her with the writing Scott. she needs your support and we hope you both know how much we want to do what we can to help you both. Well it rained last night, which surprised us. WWe have puddles everywhere. So harvesting is on hold. The boys rode with me from 1:00 to about 6:00/ They even took an hour nap. I don't think it was the most comfortable place to sleep. They played with an ear of corn, throwing kernels at each other. When we came in about 6 I said who is ready for a peanutbutter sandwich and riley said I am. He ate 2 so the fresh air must have helped him. sound like yomight have gotten some company today. Brian is picking the boys up tonight for Makenzie's party. Skie hope your throat and mouth don't get too sore and your count will surprise them . You have done so well. We love you and are praying for you. MOM Connie

laulausmamma said...

Hi Skye and Scott...so glad you guys are together this weekend while Skye is hitting bottom. Scott...your support is SO VERY IMPORTANT to Skye...your being there to help her out is wonderful medicine for her.

Skye...I hope you got to color some pictures to decorate your room with while you were still feeling up to it. Give yourself a tight ((((HUG))). You are often in my thoughts and always in my prayers my friend. Better days are coming....walk when you can, eat when you are able...and TAKE THE DRUGS!!!

Susan

Anonymous said...

Scott, thank you for updating us on Skye. I hope you are hanging in there. You both are so strong and I admire the two of you. Skye, sending my love to you and hopes for a quick recovery.
Hugs, honey,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post.

My boyfriend (such a silly word when you over 50...) starts his harvest this Monday then SCT to follow.

I will be reading every word of Skye's journey as she is only a few weeks ahead of his.

It is a real help!

Skye you are in the thoughts and prayers of many who don't know you but who deeply care.

BaldyLocks said...

Wishing you luck for a smooth transition to your new cells! I, myself just celebrated my 1st rebirthday! It's been one year since my transplant.

Wishing you all the best!